Tuesday, September 4, 2007

So, what exactly IS a toilet cruiser?

So Zach and I were driving down the interstate the other evening, discussing our fantasy football teams and how we each intended to kick the other ones rear-end, when I started discussing his team name and how lame it just happened to be... "Head Hunters." Ugh, how boring. So, I was suggesting a few awesome names, when I randomly mumbled "Seymour Toilet Cruisers."

What is a toilet cruiser, you might ask? Well, anyone who's ever had a hyper-active infant knows what it refers to... that period of time when your child cannot actually stand up and walk, yet he's just not satisfied with crawling any longer... he simply "cruises" everything... and with "everything" I mean the couch, the railing, the walls, and most humorously, the toilet. There's nothing quite as humorous to me as seeing my small son totter back and forth from one side of the toilet to the other smacking his hands on the lid and laughing in the morning while you're trying to brush your teeth... and to show you just how cute it can be, I've included a photo.

So, now you know what "toilet cruiser" really means and why my blog is named "Toilet Cruiser's Mom"... cause that's what I am, a toilet-cruiser's mom. And yes, I went home after that conversation and changed my own fantasy football team's name to the Seymour Toilet Cruisers.. that's so much more awesome then "Head Hunters."

No comments: